It all starts with healthy living
The staff at Ida Culver House Broadview offers many ways to improve your health, both physically and mentally. We provide a broad spectrum of care, including independent living and assisted living, and come 2020, we plan to offer Assisted Living Plus and secured memory care.*
And because of our unique, long-standing partnership with the University of Washington School of Nursing, residents benefit from innovative wellness and active aging programs.
Our Community Health Director and supporting team provide professional and compassionate assisted living services in the privacy and comfort of your own apartment home. In addition to ongoing case management, our team will work with you to develop a holistic, individualized care and wellness plan. We offer an extensive range of services**, including:
- Bathing, dressing, grooming and continence support
- Mobility, transfer, and escort assistance
- Medication management and assistance
- Dietary and nutritional support
- Social support for life enrichment programs and events
Assisted Living Plus
If you’re looking for a higher level of personal assistance, in 2020 we plan to offer* a dedicated neighborhood of residences equipped with a smaller, more intimate dining room and several common areas. Here, you’ll find higher staffing ratios, and available 24-hour oversight*** by licensed nurses, to assist with more complex needs, such as:
- Higher levels of individualized attention from caregivers than what is available in our main campus
- Wellness services, such as sliding scale insulin management
- Extra help with transfers, including two-person physical assistance and transfers by mechanical lift
- One-on-one eating assistance
Memory Fitness program
All of our care services are personalized to reflect our seniors’ needs, including our Memory Fitness program. Designed for our independent and assisted living residents with early to mid stage memory loss, this innovative day program offers a distinct set of specialized memory support services with structured full day activities. Driven by research and community best practices, this program is designed to enhance the quality of life and daily experience of residents with early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.
Some Memory Fitness activities include:
- Memory engagement activities
- Exercise group
- Social activities
- Famous biographies
* We are working with the Washington State Department of Health Residential Care Services to add additional licensed assisted living occupancy at Ida Culver House Broadview. The launch of these services is pending their review and approval.
** Call to learn more about assisted living services and admission criteria.
*** We aim to staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Due to unforeseen circumstances out of our control, such as weather or personal emergencies, there may be occasional changes in nursing coverage.
Contact us today
To learn more about our assisted living services at Ida Culver House Broadview, please contact us at (206) 452-4899 or reach out to us online.