A Day in the Life of an Active Senior Living Resident
One reason older adults sometimes delay moving to a senior living community is their outdated ideas on what life would be like. Today’s senior living communities have more to offer each day than playing BINGO. With a focus on health and wellness, older adults who choose to make the move to a Seattle area senior living community typically find themselves enjoying a better quality of life than their peers who try to age in place at home.
From nutritious dining options to engaging programs, we thought it would help you gain a better understanding if we shared what a day in the life of a senior living resident really looks like.
A Day in the Life of an Era Living Resident
One thing you will quickly discover is that no two days are the same in a senior living community. Every day you have the chance to join as many —or as few—daily activities as you choose. Residents have an opportunity to take part in scheduled life enrichment programs that begin as early as 8:00 AM and continue through the evening hours. The menu of activities changes with each day.
A typical day might look like this:
- You may choose to start your morning with water aerobics in one of our heated, saltwater pools or join the Zoo Walkers group to get your workout in.
- If the grandkids are coming for a visit and your snack drawer is bare, you can hop on board the 11:30 shuttle to Trader Joe’s to stock up.
- Your morning could also include a Brain Fitness class or Coffee Chat in the lounge with your peers.
- After lunch, the life enrichment calendar holds even more opportunities to take part in. You can enjoy a Contemporary Issues Women’s Group discussion while your husband plays a game of Texas Hold’em in the living room with the guys.
- At 3:00 the Knitting Group is getting together to work on a quick project before the 3:30 Bridge game begins.
- If you like the one-on-one support of a personal trainer, you can squeeze a workout in at the Fitness Center in the late afternoon.
- Dinner will be at a time you pick and in your choice of places. It might be a quick bite in the Bistro before you head out to the Seattle Rep Theatre with your fellow residents or a leisurely dinner in our on-site restaurant.
- If you chose to stay home for the evening, you can enjoy a movie with friends or play a game of pool in the Billiards Room. And whatever the sport, there’s guaranteed to be a group watching it in the theater.
The best way to learn more about the active lifestyle at today’s senior living communities is to call the Era Living community nearest to your Seattle area home to arrange a visit.