If you develop symptoms — such as those listed below —please take the steps listed below.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chest pain associated with breathing
- Feelings of exhaustion or weakness
- In rare cases, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bloody mucus
- Presence of confusion or changes in mental status, such as confusion, loss of alertness, disorientation, defects in judgment, or strange or unusual behaviors
Call your health provider in advance. Please do not show up at a clinic, urgent care, or other health facility without calling first. Your provider will need to take special measures to protect other people in the clinic. Telemedicine may also be available, enabling you to consult a provider from home.
Check in with the following Era Living contacts for symptom monitoring and tracking of COVID-19-related travel among Era Living community members.
- Staff: Notify your supervisor.
- Residents: Notify your Executive Director.
The CDC also advises you to:
- Avoid contact with others and do not travel while sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean your hands by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol immediately after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
Monitor your symptoms closely. Remember that the likelihood is low that you have coronavirus. Take your temperature if you believe you have a fever.
Stay home from school and work until at least 24 hours after your fever ends. If you must go out of the house or be around others, wear a mask and avoid close contact. Be especially careful around infants and small children as well as people who have compromised immune systems and/or are over the age of 65. If you returned from China in the last 14 days, and your arrival date was February 2 or later, you will have received instructions from the CDC and from the local or state health department. Please follow these instructions. Guidelines for travelers returning from other countries are available from the CDC.
Take care of yourself. Rest as much as possible. Drink lots of fluids.
Please note that these pages are not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.